Tuesday, May 16, 2017

Orange Creamsicle Ruffle Cake

I have a husband who loves sweets. Anything I make, he is always willing and eager to test out for me. He's had to watch some delicious items leave our house lately without a bite for him, so I wanted to fix him something special today! It didn't hurt that I also wanted to practice a new decorating technique...
This ruffle effect is very similar to the frills on the top tier of my Embrace Grace cake, but these are a little easier and less time-consuming. The cake is a box mix (Orange Supreme), and the frosting is a homemade buttercream with orange zest and a dash of fresh orange juice. So refreshing! Matthew says it tastes like an orange creamsicle. Yum!

Anyway, I'm going to go get a fresh little slice of Orange Creamsicle Ruffle Cake, with a big scoop of vanilla ice cream. Hope you're having a great day!
The Lord your God is in your midst, a mighty one who will save; he will rejoice over you with gladness; he will quiet you by his love; he will exult over you with loud singing. Zephaniah 3:17

No comments:

Post a Comment