Wednesday, May 24, 2017

Brush Embroidery Cookies

So much goes into learning a new hobby or skill. In addition to practicing a specific ability, you're also learning what tools or gadgets you should use to step up your game.

As I've been bookmarking cookie ideas on Pinterest, I kept running into something called "brush embroidery." It gives the icing a soft, brushed look, very delicate and extremely fancy (if you do it right). The trick to brush embroidery is using a small brush to gently sweep the icing into a wave-like trails. I decided pretty quickly that brush embroidery was a cookie decorating goal.
I made these cookies for a farewell party at Whitefield honoring a very sweet co-worker of mine. I had the opportunity to teach both of her daughters, and now that the youngest is headed off to college, the empty nesters will be relocating their nest somewhere warmer :)
I wish that I had gotten some better close-up photos of these, especially since they are so detailed. I guess that just means I need to make more... right?

No comments:

Post a Comment