Saturday, June 10, 2017

Peter Rabbit cookies and cupcakes

These cupcakes and cookies were for a Peter Rabbit themed baby shower! The chocolate cupcakes were topped with chocolate buttercream frosting and some Oreo "dirt," and the carrot on top is a chocolate-covered strawberry.
It looks like a real miniature garden! Getting the orange chocolate onto the strawberries was a headache, though. I was struggling to get the chocolate thin enough without burning it, and it ended up being too thick and lumpy. I've realized that I definitely need to use paramount crystals to thin out the chocolate before dipping. I had the same issue when I was practicing with cake pops - the chocolate coating would be thick and uneven. I just ordered a tub of paramount crystals online, so I'm looking forward to trying again when it arrives!

I am so glad that I practiced painting the Peter Rabbit cookies earlier. This time, I also made some carrot-shaped cookies as well. I used a different piping tip to make the leaves on top.

In some ways, the food coloring is challenging to work with - a tiny bit more or less food coloring on your brush can definitely change the intensity of the color. It's also hard to mix different shades. However, there's no special equipment that you need other than a tiny paintbrush and some water for cleaning your brush. It's also a tiny amount of food coloring that you're using.


No comments:

Post a Comment