Friday, June 23, 2017

Brush Embroidery Flowers

At the same time as I was decorating the ice cream cookies, these beautiful flower cookies were baking in the oven. This is one of the largest batches of cookies I've made, which (at the moment) is really my absolute maximum - 50 cookies. When it takes 10 minutes to bake a sheet, and you can only fit 5-6 cookies on a sheet at a time, and you have a toddler crawling around underneath you... it tends to take a while. However, once they were baked and I was able to start decorating, I had the BEST time working on some more brush embroidery! I hoped that I'd get another opportunity to practice this technique :)



The technique involves piping a squiggly line, then using a squared-off brush to drag some of the icing down and away. In this situation, the icing dries very quickly, so you can't take too long to use your brush. Below, you can see a flower with just the purple icing before I've done the brush embroidery.




Here are all 50 cookies... whew! Some of them are a slightly different shade of purple, because I made a second batch of purple icing and only had a tiny drop of blue left, so they're more of a pink-shaded purple.


No comments:

Post a Comment