Sunday, March 12, 2017

Nurse Cookies

I have a lot of respect for nurses. After seeing two of my close friends go through the gauntlet of nursing school and hearing about their experiences in hospitals and urgent care centers, I've realized that there is nothing soft or easy about becoming a nurse. I am so grateful to the many wonderful men and women out there who choose to go into this incredible profession!

When my friend Jenny joined the ranks of Hippocratic heroes, I was eager to help in throwing her a graduation party. Fortunately, Pinterest didn't let me down.
We had such a blast celebrating Jenny's accomplishment. It was the cutest graduation party - everything was themed around nursing, including the ice water ("saline"), lemonade ("urine sample"), and red punch ("AB negative"). I was so pleased with the way the cookies came out, although my idea of using glittery luster dust to make the stethoscopes glint didn't really work. Oh well!

I later had the opportunity to re-create these same designs for a co-worker's daughter as she was graduating from nursing school. There are some very minor details that I think I was able to improve, including sharper EKG lines on the hearts, as well as better red cross logos on the hats.

So for all of you nurses, doctors, and healthcare professionals out there, I just want you to dough that you are one smart cookie, and as much as possible, icing your praises all the time ;)

"But a Samaritan, as he journeyed, came to where he was, and when he saw him, he had compassion. He went to him and bound up his wounds, pouring on oil and wine. Then he set him on his own animal and brought him to an inn and took care of him. And the next day he took out two denarii and gave them to the innkeeper, saying, ‘Take care of him, and whatever more you spend, I will repay you when I come back.’" Luke 10:33-35

No comments:

Post a Comment